11 March 2019
The craft beer industry is a priority sector for NZTE, as we believe New Zealand is well positioned to capitalise on the global craft beer boom.
To help a sector that is predominantly comprised of growing small to medium sized businesses, we have developed the resource “Craft Beer - Turning on the tap".
This document covers:
- The New Zealand craft beer scene and what is motivating brewers to export.
- How to approach export and the importance of strategy and having a plan.
- How to choose a market with specific insights into China, Australia and the US.
- Getting your products to market and the challenges of shipping fresh product around the world.
- What to look out for when picking a craft beer distributor.
- The role awards and collabs can play in moving your product, and how you can measure and leverage brand equity.
We also have the results from a survey of 900 craft beer drinkers across New Zealand, Australia and the UK. We asked questions related to purchase behaviours, country perceptions, importance of hops, and the different reasons consumers try new beers.
Get the full report below.