05 September 2018
The United States is a high-value market for New Zealand honey with the potential for growth.
To help New Zealand honey businesses maximise sales potential in this market, NZTE has provided a comprehensive research report, created to share insights from the research on this market.
The report covers:
- The bigger picture: New Zealand honey globally
- New Zealand honey in the United States
- Products, packaging and pricing
- Understanding Mānuka honey customers
- Looking ahead – key takeaways
- Sources and methodology.
Some of the key findings include:
- New Zealand honey exports to the US were worth US$49m in 2017, our second most valuable export market after China.
- New Zealand ranks 14th in the world for volume of honey exported but second in the world by value.
- The value of our honey exports almost doubled from 2013-2017.
- Around 18 percent of US adults are aware of mānuka honey, with Americans valuing it for health properties.