24 September 2019
Natural Beauty East Asia: natural and organic skincare and cosmetics in Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Vietnam and Malaysia.
To help New Zealand businesses maximise sales potential in this market, NZTE has provided a comprehensive research report, created to share insights from the research on these markets.
Some of the key findings of this report are:
- The meaning of ‘natural’ and ‘organic’ for consumers in the markets researched are difficult to determine. Because of the large number of ‘greenwashed’ products available, these terms are often used, however their definitions may differ within and between markets.
- Tailor your approach to each market. Having a thorough pricing strategy for each product in each market is a key part of success.
- Using an influencer or beauty blogger is a great way to tell your brand story and engage with your audience.
- Brands with an authentic story that reflects a consumer’s aspirations and lifestyle ideals are becoming more popular. However, as each market is at a different stage of maturity, it’s crucial to understand what resonates with consumers within your target market.
- Consumers in all markets researched are primarily looking for plant-based active ingredients in beauty products.