We can help you:
- relocate a business to New Zealand
- establish greenfield operations
- invest in and work with New Zealand companies in global ventures.
Some of the services NZTE can provide include:
- supplying general and customised reports on New Zealand investment opportunities, costs and regulatory processes for your investment
- facilitating your visit to New Zealand by identifying potential investment targets and arranging suitable meetings, including introductions to other contacts in New Zealand (eg regional economic development agencies) that could support your investment
- facilitating the selection of suitable sites for your investment project
- helping coordinate your investment, including providing information and facilitating access to other Government assistance programmes, and helping to remove potential obstacles
- providing information about potential New Zealand-based advisors or suppliers for your investment project
Contacting our specialist investment team should be the first step you take if you are interested in investing in New Zealand. NZTE's Investment team has a global network of investment managers with extensive knowledge of the local investment environment and substantial experience helping international investors invest in and work with New Zealand companies.
Contact the Investment team to discuss current investment opportunities.
Immigration and investment
New Zealand has flexible immigration policies designed to facilitate access for investors and entrepreneurs.
More detailed information can be found in Immigration New Zealand's Investment Now website.
Other useful organisations
- The Inland Revenue Department website provides information about individual and business taxation in New Zealand, including all the necessary procedures and forms.
- Immigration New Zealand provides facilitation services for businesses sourcing or relocating international staff.
- The Overseas Investment Office, part of Land Information New Zealand, administers the New Zealand Government's foreign investment policies. The core work of the Office is to assess applications for consent from foreigners who intend on making substantial investments in New Zealand.
- The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment focuses on sustainable economic development. Its website provides information about all aspects of New Zealand's economic development policies including the legal framework, the regulation of specific markets, policy-making and implementation.
- The New Zealand Law Society can help you locate a suitable law firm, should you need legal advice.