Export Essentials Workshops
Starting a business is hard enough, but successfully growing your business can be overwhelming. Let us help! Our Export Essentials workshops will make your journey smoother by giving you the tools and action plan you need to reach your exporting goals.
Don't just take our word for it...
“The A to Z process of how to take your product to an international export market.” Nicole Snook, Owner, NZ Performance Tuning.
What you will learn
Common pain points addressed during the workshops include:
- Developing market selection methods so you can select, validate and then focus on the markets that present the biggest opportunity for your business.
- Finding a channel partner that shares your values and truly understands your business and the audience you want to reach, and understand how to best pitch your business to them.
- Creating a unique value proposition for your business that tells a powerful story that deeply connects with your customers and channel partners.
- Using value chain analysis to find the best pathway and channel options for a new market.
- Planning your market entry to set yourself up for success from day one.
Our Export Essentials workshops address these pain points and more, to save you time, money, stress and ultimately, lead you on the path to growth success.
After the workshop
We’ll give you the time and space you need to digest and begin to implement what you’ve learnt, into your business. You’ll then have a one-on-one follow-up session with your workshop facilitators to review your export plan and hone in on the problem areas. After all, a robust export plan is your best friend when it comes to making fewer mistakes, and saving on precious time, money and resources.
Join the community
We also understand that having a community of like-minded business owners around you is important. Our LinkedIn alumni group will help you stay connected with fellow businesses and experts who have attended a workshop, so you can keep the momentum going – be it by sharing your progress, lessons learned along the way, and even collaborating.
Is it for me?
If you’re not yet exporting, but are serious about getting it right from the start, these workshops will help you prepare and build a strong pathway for international growth.
If you’re already exporting, these workshops will help you get better results with current partners and customers, get ready for new international markets, and help ensure you’re on the best path for future growth.
Who delivers the workshops?
The workshops are all facilitated by private sector partners, chosen by NZTE for their previous exporting experience:
- Katabolt – a leading independent international market development agency offering research, strategy and coaching to emerging and established New Zealand businesses.
- KPMG – a global network driving international business that’s committed to fuelling New Zealand’s prosperity.
- Maven – a successful and experienced product and services exporter in their own right, with hands-on experience in multiple markets.
Workshop dates, locations and cost
Our workshops are held in key locations throughout the year:
Wellington 16 May 2018 KPMG Nelson 9 May & 23 May 2018 Katabolt Dunedin 30 May & 13 June Maven Auckland 6 June & 20 June KPMG Northland 25 July & 8 August 2018 Katabolt Whanganui 1 August & 15 August 2018 Maven Taupo 22 August & 5 September 2018 KPMG Tauranga 29 August & 12 September 2018 Katabolt Invercargill 12 September & 26 September 2018 KPMG Christchurch 24 October & 7 November 2018 Maven Auckland 31 October & 14 November 2018
Maven Wellington 7 November & 21 November 2018 Katabolt
This two-day workshop, 90-minute coaching session and entry to our LinkedIn alumni group is $500 + GST per person, and $250 + GST for the second attendee from your business.