HE KAI KEI AKU RINGA
He kai kei aku ringa for Māori Excellence in Export Award Category Sponsor
He kai kei aku ringa (the Crown-Māori economic growth partnership) strategy provides a long-term vision for a productive, innovative and sustainable, export-oriented Māori economy, driven by whānau and Māori Inc. He kai kei aku ringa ‘providing food by our own hands’ is a metaphor for the resilience and economic self-determination of Māori.
Te Puni Kōkiri and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) work in collaboration with other agencies including Treasury, the Ministry for Primary Industries, New Zealand Trade and Enterprise and Callaghan Innovation in the delivery of He kai kei aku ringa – the Crown-Māori Economic Development strategy and action plan.
The ERERE action plan for He kai kei aku ringa is represented by five pou that work together to support Māori economic development:
- Employment – Whai Mahi – growing the future Māori workforce
- Rangatahi – supporting Māori youth to define and lead their economic aspirations
- Enterprise – Whai Pakihi – growing Māori enterprises; Māori business innovation
- Regions – Rohe Tū Pakari – increasing Māori participation in regional economies
- Education – Whai Mātauranga – developing a highly skilled Māori workforce
Once again He kai kei aku ringa agencies are very pleased to support this magnificent event, encouraging Māori to continue their growth and global reach and in a way that is tūturu – authentic and true to their aspirations, whilst producing unique value of great benefit to all of Aotearoa, New Zealand.