We know New Zealand and the opportunities that lie within our shores. In fact you could say that it’s our job to know it like the back of our hands. We help investors, like you, connect with talented companies with high growth aspirations who need capital to achieve their commercial potential on the world stage.
Our partnerships with regional agencies mean that we can also support you to find the right location to establish a greenfields operation. We’ll also introduce you to the other relevant Government and local agencies that could support your investment and make it easy for you to do business here.
Our role in the investment process
As an independent Government agency, we can help you to develop your initial investment plans and access a pre-screened pipeline of opportunities. We can also link you to suitable New Zealand-based private sector advisors for your investment project.
Once you’re ready to start due diligence, document negotiations and conditions precedent, we’ll stand aside from the process until these steps are complete. We do this as required by our Government status. After you’ve confirmed your investment, we can work with you to provide aftercare and maximise the benefits of your investment - and guide you when you’re ready to seek your next investment opportunity in New Zealand.
How we help
- Market intelligence
- Assistance with the development of investment thesis into live opportunities
- Access to a pre-screened pipeline of potential investment opportunities
- Identification of suitable investment locations and partners in New Zealand
- Access to over 4,000 NZTE exporting and export-focused companies
- Information on the New Zealand business and regulatory environment
- Connections to other New Zealand government programmes and approval processes (including help to remove potential obstacles)
- Assistance to plan and conduct a visit to assess opportunities
- Information on New Zealand-based private sector advisors for your investment project
- Access to a global network of advisors, operating from 41 offices around the world
- Expertise and insights from 13 global offices
- Impartial guidance
Our Investment team is a global network helping investors invest in New Zealand. We have extensive knowledge of the local investment environment and substantial experience to meet your specific investment needs.