An immersive, co-funded service that shows you how to be customer-centered by gaining a deeper understanding of your target audience in international markets, and turning those insights into competitive advantage.
- Gain a deeper understanding of your target customers’ by engaging with them, directly, in-market.
- Learn how to translate the insights into an effective market development strategy.
- Work alongside world-class design thinkers and practitioners.
- Learn methods and gain confidence to drive customer-centred innovation in your business.
How it works
- As a capability building service, we introduce you to one of our international design companies, who will coach a nominated member from your team throughout Customer Insights to Action activities.
- Your team member will be provided with the guidance, support and tools needed to capture and prioritise crucial off-shore market insights that help embed a customer-centred approach to developing your market development strategy.
- Customer Insights to Action is comprised of two modules. You can start with module one or two depending on your individual business challenge – your Customer Manager can guide you to the course most appropriate for your business.
Module 1: Understand your Customer
Duration 10 weeks
Understand your Customer will show you how to reveal offshore customer needs and motivations, to ensure your market development strategy is right for the market.
In this module you will join an in-market design researcher and become proficient in three key areas: identifying your audience, conducting in-market research and extracting actionable insights.
Module 2: Insights to Action
Duration 8 weeks
Insights to Action will show you how to translate market insights into a fit-for-market development strategy. In this module you will learn and practice three key skills: idea generation, rapid prototyping and testing.
Am I eligible?
- You’re an NZTE Focus Customer.
- There’s a commitment to resourcing the project – both people and budget.
- You’re well positioned to invest in the target market.
- You have identified and quantified the market opportunity and have supporting market research.
You will work alongside an international, customer-centered design company with key practitioners who will coach one of your team members for the duration of the engagement.
Their role is to:
- coach on the application of design methods, tools and behaviours to solve business challenges and build cultures of innovation
- help significantly close the gap between your products and services and your target audience for better commercial outcomes
Once we have an understanding of your business opportunity we will make an introduction to the most relevant suppliers based on their expertise in your market and sector.
Our suppliers are:
How much is it?
Each engagement is tailored to the needs of your business. Your nominated design company will work with you to scope out objectives and outline costs and timings.
We will reimburse you 50 percent of fees - up to a maximum of NZ$30,000 per module.
*Not sure if you're a Focus customer? Contact our Advisor Team.