There’s nothing quite like spending time deep in your target market to help you get to grips with how to position your business against the competition, and how to put your customer front and centre of what you do.
We know how valuable in-market immersion is. The time and energy you put into understanding the market and your target customers has the ability to give you a strong competitive advantage, which is why we’ve put together our Accelerate China immersion programme to support you.
Our immersion programmes have helped export-savvy businesses:
- Succeed faster in-market
- Research, experience and truly understand their target markets
- Make clear choices between market entry and sales channel options
- Get introduced to the right partners and start relationships for the future
- Set realistic expectations of what it takes to succeed
How it works
Accelerate China is a multi-stage immersion programme of four parts, delivered across New Zealand and China.
Part 1: Half day preparation workshop to:
- set objectives and focus for immersion. This includes what to test and what to validate in-market
- understand, explore and articulate the market model for China
- be fully briefed on the in-market immersion experience
Part 2: In-market visit
Six days in China where you are joined by our local team, our Beachheads advisors and in-market experts. You’ll gain a real understanding of both customer and market needs through:
- research – facilitated in-home visits, store visits, and company visits
- site visits including a tier 2 city
- facilitated workshops
- networking events
- advisory sessions
Part 3: Half day post-immersion workshop to:
- share insights gained and key learnings
- review your strategy and develop a plan
- reflect on your time in-market
Part 4: On-going support
You’ll work with your customer manager and our China team to further develop and execute your market strategy.
Experience Accelerate China through Virtual Reality
Download the app now:
- Install the free Wonda VR app onto your phone. Search for Wonda VR on the App Store for iPhone users or Google Play store for Android users.
- Open the Wonda VR app and tap on LAUNCH EXPERIENCE via QR code button at the bottom of the screen.
- Scan the experience QR code sticker located below these instructions.
- On the experience home screen, tap the download icon at the top of the screen. Note: your device may prompt you to confirm the download.
- Once the download has completed successfully, select the viewing mode for your headset, either Gear VR (Android only) or Google cardboard (all devices).
- Follow the instructions for fitting your phone into the headset.
Customer Story - Whittaker's Chocolate
Hear how Whittaker’s fast-tracked their China strategy with help from NZTE and the Accelerate China programme.
Am I eligible?
NZTE Build and Focus customers are eligible for this service. You need to have demonstrated commitment to China and at least six months experience in-market. You also need to have clear proof points around your production plans and capacity to supply the market. And you will need to commit your CEO or strategy leader and your Market Manager to the full service.
How much is it?
$5,000 + GST per company, excluding your flights. This covers two half-day preparation and post-immersion sessions, as well as up to six days in China.
Keen to find out more about Accelerate China?